Sheet Publishing to Teams

Ava
Ava
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all-

I'm having two possibly related issues. Our institution uses Teams extensively, so I'd like to integrate Smartsheet Dashboards and Sheets into Teams. I added users that are not part of my organization to both a Dashboard and Sheet, published the Dashboard, and gave editing access to the external users on the Sheet. I then integrated the Dashboard and Sheet in Teams. The Dashboard successfully integrated, but users are seeing an error message for the Sheet (see screenshot - Teams Error, "published item is only accessible to users in the organization"). Users do not receive this error on a browser - they are able to view and edit the Sheet like normal.

On Smartsheet, I have no option to publish the Sheet (see screenshot - File Options), so I can't update the Access Controls. I've double checked our Admin settings - Sheet Publishing is Enabled (Published sheets available to anyone with the link).

Is this an internal setting in Teams? How do I let external users directly edit the sheet in Teams?

Thank you!

Answers

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

Please see the Admin settings. We use Teams quite a bit too. We allow Reports and Dashboard to be accessed by anyone with the link. This allows just the link to work. However, for sheets, if anyone external wants to access the sheet, I set them up in our account.

I hope that helps, if you can change and test and it does not work, please let me know.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Ava
    Ava
    edited 05/02/22

Thanks Kevin - I've already checked our Admin settings and link sharing is turned on (editable by everyone). Could there be another spot where this is toggled?

It just seems odd to me that my users are getting the error only in the Teams tab - they're able to view and edit the sheet just fine in a browser.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the sheet, see if you can publish it using the publish icon on the right.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Hi Kevin - thanks, I missed that Publish button on the Sheet! But it is published with "Edit by Anyone" turned on. Perhaps this is a bug in the Teams integration?

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

It could be, I just didn't think so because the error in your screenshot looks like a Smartsheet error.

I am sorry that didn't work.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.