Is it possible to disable sorting in Dynamic View?

User251
User251 ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I want to disable sorting in Dynamic View to prevent users from messing with the data order. How can I do that ?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @User251

The Sort order of rows in Dynamic View will be based on the Sort in the underlying source sheet. If you update the Sort in the sheet, the View will show the new sort order.

However at any point your users in Dynamic View can click on a column name to organize their own specific view. This will not affect the order for any other users looking at the view, and if they refresh the page or when they come back to it again later, the sort order will revert to the original order and be based on the underlying sheet.

There currently isn't a way to remove this Dynamic View personalized sort functionality, but hopefully that helps clarify that it won't mess with the data order permanently.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @User251

The Sort order of rows in Dynamic View will be based on the Sort in the underlying source sheet. If you update the Sort in the sheet, the View will show the new sort order.

However at any point your users in Dynamic View can click on a column name to organize their own specific view. This will not affect the order for any other users looking at the view, and if they refresh the page or when they come back to it again later, the sort order will revert to the original order and be based on the underlying sheet.

There currently isn't a way to remove this Dynamic View personalized sort functionality, but hopefully that helps clarify that it won't mess with the data order permanently.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• User251
    User251 ✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P. That was helpful.

• Mine's the opposite problem. Every time I have to do maintenance behind the scenes I manage to upset someone because I forget and sort anyway.

Stephanie L. Reedy, MS Software Engineering

Coordinator, HR Project MWF

myLearning LMS Administrator

Learning Technology

Ascension | Enterprise Projects

Stephanie.Reedy@ascension.org