Permissions on a Sheet

I have several users (who have paid accounts in Smartsheet, but are not on my paid account) that were able to access the sheet. When I upgraded my account from a non-paid license to a paid license, all of their permissions were changed to "View Only". Even though they have edit permissions in my view, when they login, they have "view only". I have changed their permissions to admin, then moved back to edit and they still only have "view only" permissions now. How do I address this as currently, they are not able to collaborate at all on the sheets we share.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Shancy

I hope you're well and safe!

I assume you're on the Pro plan, correct?

Sheets owned by Pro Plan users can only be edited by licensed users within that account.

Was that the issue?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Yes, I am on the pro plan.

Do I need to go back to using a free account, so users can collaborate or is there another plan I should be looking at other than the Pro Plan?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Shancy

Ok. You should probably look into upgrading to the Business Plan.

Let me know if you need any help!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I am on a project working with a team of people and they all have accounts through their company (although we don't work for the same company), and I have an account but they are not allowed to collaborate? Are you saying that if I pay $25 for a Business Plan for one person, instead of the $7 for a Pro Plan for one person, I would be able to collaborate with the rest of the team?

This seems very odd.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Shancy

If they have Business or higher it should work just fine if you upgrade to the Business plan.

Unfortunately, it's not $25 per month because there is a minimum of three licenses.

$25user/month, Total $75/month

Billed annually (min. 3 users)

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!