How can use a field several times within a form?

Hi. I need to collect feedback about several programs using a form. The form should include the same questions for each program. Any ideas about workarounds that allow me to use a field several times within a form? I want users to receive one form to collect their feedback about the different programs.

Answers

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am hoping I can follow this better, please bear with me. Are you looking to use the feedback to match up with a single program?

So Program 1 would have a Feedback1 and Program 4 would have a feedback 4? If not, then the feedback would be Feedback for any program?

If you were able to use the field on a form more than once, then it would imply that feedback is for ANY program because it would be, in theory, overwritten each time so if I commented on Program 1, the feedback would be for Program 1 until I gave feedback on Program 4 then the feedback would be overwritten by that feedback and you would lose the feedback for Program 1.

I hope that makes sense. If it's feedback for ANY, then you should tell them to provide the program number in the feedback OR a set of checkboxes to indicate which program(s) the feedback covers. If not, then you would want a feedback field for each program and you would not need to use the same field in the form.

A shorter answer is that you cannot use the same field more than once on a form but I feel there is more to your request that is able to be accomplished. Please let me know your thoughts and we can try to explore more.

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @User251

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.
    • Using Form Logic to show the different programs.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Kevin Smith
    Kevin Smith ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This is a great idea!

Thank you,

Kevin

Happy to help if I can.

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer)

• User251
    User251 ✭✭
    edited 05/10/22

Thanks, @Kevin Smith and @Andrée Starå , for the valuable feedback.

The explanation that Kevin provided is logical, and that I why I wondered whether there is a workaround that could avoid writing off answers. Survey applications such as Qualtrics and SurveyMonkey offer the possibility of asking the same questions under different sections in a survey. Here is the structure that I need in my form :

Program 1

• Question 1
    • Question 2
    • Question 3

Program 2

• Question 1
    • Question 2
    • Question 3

Many of the respondents are responsible for a minimum of 5 programs, so I want to void sending them several forms with the same questions.

Conditional Logic will only display a set of different questions for each program.

@Andrée Starå, can you please share the solution you developed with me?

• User251
    User251 ✭✭
    edited 05/11/22

Hi @Andrée Starå will the solution you suggested using the two forms work in my case? If yes, how do I implement it?