No response from Smartsheet Customer Services, several months of trying!

Dear Smartsheet,

We have made several attempts to contact customer services, 2 of whom we have had many hours initially trying to set up a workbook for our company. None of the efforts produced a working product. I will not name the 2 smartsheet employees here.

We are so disappointed with the wasted time, wasted money and lack of response now that Smartsheet has said they cannot produce what we want. We have given Smartsheet over 3,000 dollars (US) and had zero returns for this "investment".

We have emailed the 2 smartsheet employees with little to no response and no resolution, or even any attempt at a resolution.

Contact made on July 8th, June 13th, April 17th. Since April 17th we have had no response.

We expect a prompt response.

All the best, Jamie.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jamie Anderson

Sorry to hear that you haven't had the usual Smartsheet Experience.

Feel free to describe what you're trying to accomplish, and we might be able to help with a solution/workaround.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå

Thanks for your comment. To be honest, at this stage, we are so underwhelmed with Smartsheet's lack of delivery and the utter lack of support, we are just not willing to continue. Having given them over 3k USD within the last 12 months - perhaps a small amount for some businesses, but it's a large sum for our office budget - not to mention countless hours with no returns.

We just would like Smartsheet to answer our emails. We've hardly hounded them, 1 email per month for the last 4 months! Zero response. April 24th we received this:

"Hi Jamie,

Unfortunately I work on the consulting side so I have no say on the sales side of things which controls the administrative side. Let me reach out <to sales manager xxxxxxx> and my manager to see what I can do."

That was the last we heard, other than "Thank you for being a valued Smartsheet customer. Your subscription is set to renew next month in the amount of $1188 USD. To make changes to your plan or account, please visit our Finance Customer Support Center."

We can't even work out how to prevent the annual sub from auto-charging, other than to cancel our credit card, which would be another hassle. So our accountant/admin is trying to work that out.

Every time, we are directed to the customer support section. Just useless.

Again, thanks Andree for your message, but we are through with Smartsheet and just want, at the very least, to be contacted.

All the best, Jamie.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jamie Anderson

You're more than welcome!

I completely understand your frustration!

The experience you describe is not the usual way Smartsheet conduct their business.

I hope you'll give them another chance. It will be worth it.

@Genevieve P Can you help Jamie?

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jamie Anderson

(@Andrée Starå thanks for tagging me!)

I'd be happy to help get you connected with the right department. I will reach out to you privately via email to continue the conversation so that we can discuss personal account details; based on the way your payments are set up, a cancellation will need to be finalized through our Finance team and I'll provide you with the best way to be in touch with them.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Community Moderator

• SOLVED: Update: November 16th, 2020. 8 and a half months after my initial request and countless follow ups for a refund and finally received full credit.

Thanks Smartsheet for honouring this, but honestly, ridiculous timeframe.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jamie Anderson

Glad it got resolved!

Please help the Community by marking your post with the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Paula D
    Paula D ✭✭✭

I feel the same way. We are a business customer and still can't get support. I've posted over a dozen questions to their support team over the past year, and there's only been one that's been responded to. This company's lack of support is so disappointing. Our company was thinking about an enterprise licensing, but as a vendor, they seem to have no interest in maintaining relationships. They only want your business, but do not have a support model to keep it. Why would we spend even more money when there isn't support when we need it?!!!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Paula D

I've checked in with Support and they let me know there are no open questions associated with your email address. Do you have a ticket number? If so, I'd be happy to check in on the status for you.

Please also feel free to post any of your questions here in the Community and one of our members may be able to help you as well.

Cheers,

Genevieve