Displaying multiple "dates" in calendar view from same row

steinkj
steinkj ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Good morning, I have date columns created for the 5 milestone dates that each task/row can be assigned. Is there anyway to get all Milestone dates (date columns) to display in the calendar view.  I have set up color codes to help determine which is which but now I can't figure out how to get them all to display, looks like you only have the option to display 1 date column or you can do a range. HELP :)!!! 

Thank you, Kim

Kim S.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/11/19

Hi Stein,

Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment, but it's a great idea!

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment.

A possible workaround could be the premium app - Smartsheet Calendar.

You can also join the date information together, but I suspect that it won't help in your case.

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Would it work to set the Milestones as Children rows of the task and have the individual dates all in the same column?

• Since it's been a few years since this comment has been updated, I wanted to see if this is something that has been fixed or upgraded. I'm trying to create an editorial calendar where we can have our specific projects and deadline dates, but we also have a few key dates that are things that come around annually. The question I have is that some are only days "Christmas" but others are a month long "API History Month" so how do I differentiate on a calendar? If this isn't possible yet, is the best workaround to just create a Gantt view calendar?!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sarah Harris LMU

I would personally use Conditional Formatting to identify those dates differently in a Calendar. For example, you can have Key Dates identified by a dropdown (e.g. "Key"), then use this to have the Task Bar set to a different colour than your Project dates.

The Task Bar is what will show in your Calendar.

Cheers,

Genevieve