Can we add column items from one sheet to another sheet as the drop-down values?

Options
Kelly Pratt
Kelly Pratt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Is this possible within Data Shuttle? It doesn't appear so to me as the source sheet has to be an attachment or from One Drive, Box, etc.

Is there any workaround to this to be able to take row items from a specific column in one sheet and generate the drop-down in another sheet?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

Kelly Pratt

Solution Consultant

Echo Consulting

Best Answer

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Kelly,

With data shuttle you can solve the dynamic dropdown problem. You need to set up an offload data workflow of your source sheet first. Then you create an upload data workflow using the offload data as your source and then map your columns to your target sheet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

best,

Brad

MVP OPS

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

Answers

• MVP OPS
    MVP OPS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Kelly,

With data shuttle you can solve the dynamic dropdown problem. You need to set up an offload data workflow of your source sheet first. Then you create an upload data workflow using the offload data as your source and then map your columns to your target sheet.

Let me know if you have any questions.

best,

Brad

MVP OPS

best,

Brad

www.MVPOPS.com

• Kelly Pratt
    Kelly Pratt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for your input! I thought I needed to add the offload data workflow as well but wasn't certain. Thank you for confirming.

Kelly Pratt

Solution Consultant

Echo Consulting

• Jay Gee
    Jay Gee ✭✭
    edited 07/29/22
    Options

Hi,

Will this functionality ever be added to native Smartsheet? I've been digging through the internet and have found dozens of comments and threads going back for years on people requesting this feature! We are extremely security and compliance focused and managing the additional risk of 3rd party integrations for Smartsheet add ons doesn't really fly for us.

I hope we'll see this soon, thanks!