Reporting against parent and child rows

Good morning, i use Smartsheet as a project tracking tool. using a parent row as the project name and then various child rows to detail the actions required. each action is allocated to a different member of staff.

i would like to produce a daily report for each member of staff showing todays actions, but i need the action to show on the report under the Project Row (parent row) so that the project the action relates is visible.

I can't find a way to pull the Parent Row through to the report unless it is allocated to the staff member and this will not work as multiple staff will be working on the same project together?

Can anyone help -Sorry if my explanation is not very clear😏

I look forward to hearing from you

Many thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kevin Ryall

I hope you're well and safe!

You could either

• add all contacts to the Project Row (so it's included for all staff),
    • or modify the Report, so it always includes the Project Row,
    • or you could add a so-called helper column that would show the Project Name on each Task Row.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi @Andrée Starå

Doing good thank you

Your second point is what i want to get to ideally. However would there be away of doing it only if is an activity (child row) for the assignee or woudl each report have to show all projects?

Relatively new to Smartsheet so learning.

Many thanks in advance.

Kev