Publishing a Dynamic View to third party site

Matthew_Lanterman
Matthew_Lanterman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I want to publish a dynamic view to an external site, but get an error that says, "Dynamic View is not supported by third party sites".

Is there a workaround (other than posting a link to the DV)? I want the DV to display without asking the users to navigate to another page.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matthew_Lanterman

Accessing embedded Dynamic Views in an external third-party website (that isn't a smartsheet.com website) is not supported, as you've found. This is due to security updates to Dynamic View that align with privacy and security standards throughout the application.

This means that you will need to ask users to navigate to a different page. The URL could either be directly to the Dynamic View site itself, or you could embed the View in a Dashboard or Workapp then provide the link to those pages instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Matthew_Lanterman

Accessing embedded Dynamic Views in an external third-party website (that isn't a smartsheet.com website) is not supported, as you've found. This is due to security updates to Dynamic View that align with privacy and security standards throughout the application.

This means that you will need to ask users to navigate to a different page. The URL could either be directly to the Dynamic View site itself, or you could embed the View in a Dashboard or Workapp then provide the link to those pages instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Lori Khoury
    Lori Khoury ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P. - I am having the same issue with accessing a dynamic view through a dashboard that created in Microsoft teams. I created a dashboard and added a web content widget and copied the URL from the dynamic view. however, when I am in my teams channel and I click on the web widget linked to the dynamic view I get the error "Dynamic View is not supported by third party sites". However, I can add a tab above in MS teams and add the url there and it works. Is there a way to use embed code so that I can access the dynnamic view from the dashboard in MS Teams?]

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Lori Khoury

No, there currently isn't a way to display Dynamic View from within a Widget on a Dashboard which is then displayed on Teams. You would need to add the link directly, as you've found. Please provide your feedback on this to our Product team through this form, here!

Thanks,

Genevieve

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have a similar but different issue. User is using Edge browser and everything in the Workapp works fine except for the dynamic view. User said it worked previously so dont know if edge or SS did a recent change to cause it.