I am not receiving any notifications from smartsheet and in email

Hi,

I am not receiving any notifications from smartsheet and in email even if I am making changes. Before when I made a change the smartsheet automatically send notification.

Please help.

Thank you

Regards,

Jeremy

Best Answer

Answers

• Peter Spung
    Peter Spung ✭✭✭

Hi Debbie and the Community, we're trying to debug why email notifications are not flowing to a colleague's work email, but are flowing to our work emails, and to our colleague's personal email. The notifications are in a workflow to alert someone. We've edited existing workflows to add our colleague's email, and created new workflows with our colleague's work email, in multiple sheets in different workspaces, with no luck. We and our colleagues have checked and verified all of the settings above. Any additional suggestions?

We thought checking the sheet's activity log might reveal something. For example, to see if/when the workflow was triggered, and if/when the notification was sent, and to which email addresses it was sent. Perhaps her work email was NOT notified, and the activity log would explain why. But alas, only changes (edits) to workflows appear in the activity log. Triggered workflow execution and the details of what happened does not appear. Any suggestions on how to see that?

Thanks, Peter

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Peter

That is odd!

Would you be happy to zoom and screen share your sheet with me, so that we could investigate together?

debbie.sawyer@smarterbusinessprocesses.com

Kind regards

Debbie

• PreethamG
    PreethamG ✭✭
    edited 06/15/22

Hi @Debbie Sawyer , I am having the same issue where I'm not getting notified by emails if any row added/changed with workflow. I have checked all the conditions that mentioned on the top, they are all okay but still I'm not getting any emails? any thoughts on this?

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @PreethamG

These types of queries are quite tricky to investigate over the community forum. I'd happily set up a zoom / MS Teams call and do a screen share so that you can show me the settings and explain what you are expecting, then we can see if there is a reason that we are in control of, of why you are not receiving the notifications.

Do you get any notifications at all? i.e. is it just one workflow that is not triggering, or all of them?

If all of them, then there may be a setting that you IT department might need to change to allow notifications from Smartsheet to get through to your email.

Please do email me if you think it is worth a shot at me watching you test this and seeing if I can spot the cause.

Kind regards

Debbie

• steveV
    steveV ✭✭

Hi Debbie,

I am having the same issue so I will email you to setup a call to review.

Thanks,

Steve Vick

Resilinc

steve.vick@resilinc.com

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @steveV

I hope you're well and safe!

Ensure that you've checked the Sheet Change Notification Settings box to Include my changes in sheet notifications in your Personal Settings (circle/profile in the lower-left corner).

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• BenFord
    BenFord ✭✭

Hello @Debbie Sawyer,

I'm experiencing similar problems as others noted above. Notifications work just find for other members of my team, using the same email system, but I only receive notifications via the Application but not via email.

I have validated my email address is correct and all notification settings are set.

Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks

Ben

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @BenFord

Since you're receiving the notification inApp, this indicates that the workflows are firing correctly and there's something blocking the email coming through. This most commonly occurs due to spam blockers, as the emails come from an automation.

Have you checked your email's Spam or Junk? If you're using a third party filter, you will want to check your settings there as well, and ensure the the Smartsheet domains listed in this Help Article are added to your allowlist: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BenFord

Thank you for your email. @Genevieve P. has put a great update here on other places to check. I too, was going to suggest that this is an Internal IT issue with emails from Smartsheet App, as Genevieve has pointed out. I would suggest to have a look at the article signposted in her response and please do let us know what you find by responding in this thread, then both Genevieve and I can help you moving forward.

Thank you for using the community forum for this issue, the responses here will help others too.

Kind regards

Debbie

• Hello everybody,

I suffer this issue from today morning. All workflows are doesn't work and also if I use @..... wit e-mail from people in my organization nobody get an notification and yesterday they get it. What I did already:

• All notifications settings are fine (like in your proposal)
    • I have read all what if on Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet
    • I also spoke wit my Local IT and there was not change with firewall or others changes whit can be an obstacle
    • I get some notifications from chats but only in Smartsheet so they are visible only when I open the smartsheet

What is strange if I use Chat options:

There is no notification like I wrote, but when I send this card/record like an e-mail it's work:

I'm really going crazy and hope this is only some server issue and it will works again....

Can somebody help me more than this what is already available in this comments.

King Regards,

Igor

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Igor Zygadlo

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! A few other customers contacted Support with the same experience; our team is currently investigating the delay and you can subscribe to updates on this via the Smartsheet Status page, here:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi @Genevieve P.

Thank you for quick update ! It's good to know that I don't need to change my reports or notifications or chats ;)

However I wish you to fix it asap!

Best regards,

Igor

• Phil E
    Phil E ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/02/23

I'm currently experiencing a similar issue. I'm using cell references to have a variable set of individuals be notified based on other criteria. In one group, I have two individuals, one gets notifications, and one does not. Additionally, I have another Engineer who is not getting email notifications, but does see notifications within Smartsheet, however, he does get email notifications for conversation activities.

With the Engineer, I have verified the checkboxes in personal settings for his account, and the sheet itself has settings selected as unrestricted.

edit For some reason we have found that certain users are getting Smartsheet emails marked as phishing and were placed in quarantine. Our IT department is now looking into this.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Phil E

Thanks for following up and for letting us know that your IT department is looking into unblocking these emails!

Cheers,

Genevieve