Show Percentage from Sheet as Pie Chart in Dashboard

Hi-

I have a user on my team who is looking to show progress made against major tasks in his sheet as individual pie charts on a dashboard. For example, if "Milestone 1" is 50% complete, he'd like a pie chart on the dashboard that's just half filled in. Some of these tasks will just have an estimated percentage filled in, so they may not all be calculated by rolling up sub-task completion percentages. I'm not seeing a way to display a single cell from a sheet visually in this fashion, though. Is there a workaround perhaps that I'm not thinking of that would achieve this?

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Brandon29
    Brandon29 ✭✭✭

Thank you, Genevieve! That's an easy, elegant solution that my user is happy with. I appreciate your help!

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

I'm glad to hear it! Thanks for following up 🙂

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

I followed the same steps, but I couldn't show the semicircle chart or even a pie.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @maltaee

To show a pie chart like the one I set up, you'd want to select two cells as the Range for the chart: the 0% and the one to the right, 100%

Then for the next chart you'd select the two cells down one row: 100% and 0%

And so on. Does that make sense? The explanation above is one-chart-per-row

• maltaee
    maltaee ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Genevieve.

Make sense. I have to figure out another way to visualize all statuses in one chart as each row represents a department or portion of the overall.