Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Provide users with the ability to Print a Grouped Report

Richard Heath
Richard Heath âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

Per the 1.5 years of queries being made, I believe there is suitable interest from the Community that Smartsheet provides the basic functionality of being able to print a Grouped Report. The system currently reverts the Report to a basic Sheet when Print is selected. This is not suitable or acceptable.

We've stopped developing our Smartsheet documents due to this restriction and now sit in a holding pattern waiting for an update. - See Printing Grouped Reports - Page 3 — Smartsheet Community.

182 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

We are working on improving the experience for reporting including how to improve print/export options as part of that long-term plan. In the mean time you can add your grouped report to a dashboard, which then can print and export with the included groupings.

Comments

• Yuliya D
    Yuliya D âś­âś­

+1

We need to schedule production in the factory and are using Smartsheet to distribute the information. The grouped report shows the schedule by production line, however the printed version looses this advantage and becomes difficult to read. As well as using the online version, we need to print off the sheet and it is disappointing that the printed version is useless for our purposes at the moment. The workaround we are doing at the moment is to transfer the data into an excel sheet and manually recreate the schedule by production line.

• KC Jones
    KC Jones âś­âś­

I have also requested this feature. I need to be able to have clear, concise reports with summaries for upper level management. But the only way they can see it now is by going into the report. I need it to send automatically though. And that only produces an excel or PDF without the necessary groupings.

• jennyfeli
    jennyfeli âś­âś­

Waiting for this feature.

• Brent Wilson
    Brent Wilson âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

Yes.. so nice to have a grouped report that I cannot Distribute..

I think this should be a feature that gets worked on as @Richard Heath I have bunches of reports just sitting..

Brent C. Wilson, P.Eng, PMP, Prince2

Facilityy Professional Services Inc.

http://www.facilityy.com

• +1 on this update. I've been waiting long time for this feature. It is very basic and usefull.

• esorensen
    esorensen âś­âś­

Groupings are essentially worthless since you cannot export or print them. Also, I would like to see pivot tables added to the basic subscription. Smartsheet is branded as better than spreadsheets. Well - spreadsheets include pivot tables. Smartsheet could be more powerful with some simple enhancements.

• Richard Heath
    Richard Heath âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

The video within Smartsheet Help infers that Reports can be scheduled to be sent via PDF - whilst it doesn't explicitly state that Grouping formats remain, it is most likely assumed by the user that it would be. Perhaps it was thought this functionality would be available from the get-go.

Reports | Smartsheet Learning Center

@Genevieve P. - any insight when this request (or any others nominated) will migrate over to the On Radar | On Roadmap | Coming Soon! status? Currently, there are no topics within these three statuses.

• Just absurd that this feature does not exist. Totally defeats the point of reports.

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien âś­âś­âś­âś­

Absolutely need this!

• sravya.gupta127326
    sravya.gupta127326 âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­

Would be extremely useful to have this feature.

Thanks,

Sravya