Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Notifications - Direct Link to Changes in Specific Columns

Michelle Vonderau
edited 07/25/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi SS Community - 

We're looking to make discussions in Smartsheet easier for our users. Currently we have the notification set to address changes and additions to the comments column. The custom email is nice, but it's not exactly user friendly. Is there a way to hyperlink to an area of a smartsheet where a change was made?

Ideally I would click on the change and it would take me to that specific comment that was added or updated, but even being hyperlinked to the row where a column was changed would be useful. 

Any suggestions/tips?

SS Link to Change.JPG

SS Link to Change.JPG

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Michelle

I am puzzled to understand why the the person who makes the comment doesn't then email that comment while still in THAT Row COMMENT to the person(s or Groups) who need to respond? 

That way on receipt, there is no hunting for the right row and the narrative forms part of the audit trail? 

Not sure why there is an issue here? Could you explain more? 

RichardR

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Richard,

I think she means that once the person receives the email, there is no quick navigation back to the row / comment directly. It is the response part of the feedback loop, not the original message.

The back and forth can be tedious.

Craig

• Thank you Craig.

Hi Richard, what Craig stated is exactly what we're looking for.

Any ideas?

This discussion has been closed.