Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Unable to highlight an entire row

Marcy S.
Marcy S.
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I am unable to highlight a entire row.

It appears the box that was lasted edited will not highlight.

Also, if I edit a highlighted row the box will turn white.

I attempted to use the paint brush to get around this issue and it works sometimes.

Kindly let me know if you have any tips pr tricks

Comments

• Amanda Clark
    edited 09/29/15

I am having the same issue and it is very, VERY frustrating.  It seems to bee random - sometimes it will update, other times it won't.  You can log off and come back in and sometimes the colors have updated, sometimes thye have reverted.  

• Marcy S.
    Marcy S.
    edited 09/29/15

Hello Amanda,

Thank you for commenting on my post. I found the fix. Click on Highlight Changes and disable.

Best,

-m-

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good solution, Marcy! Highlight changes will override any other background formatting you have in your sheet (when it is enabled). 

• Victor van R
    Victor van R ✭✭✭
    edited 09/30/15

You may also create and additional column and assign in thei column a number or code to the row(s) that you want to highlight. Use conditional formatting to color the row based on the number or code. You can hide the row with the number or code to keep the sheet clean. 

This discussion has been closed.