Form Validation - Phone Number Default to Canada?

Thought I would ask here before contacting Smartsheet Support (as I'm hoping someone else has had this problem, and has a resolution).

I've built my form, and added 'Phone' as the Validation. The problem I'm facing, is that I've changed the default to Canada (on the 'Field'; right hand side), but it continues to appear as USA (on the 'Form'; left hand side).

Does anyone know what's going wrong here, and how to ensure it shows up as 'Canada' on my form? Is this a Smartsheet system glitch, or is there another step I need to take?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amie LaCharite

Thank you for reporting this issue! I've tested this on my own form and I'm experiencing the same thing: if you select Canada as the country for phone Validation it reverts to showing USA in the Form.

I've checked in with our Support team and we've had other reports on this as well. We're currently investigating the cause of the issue but I don't have an ETA for when this may be resolved.

In the meantime, your Canadian users should still be able to input phone numbers even with the US flag next to the field, since the US phone number structure is the same as the Canadian phone structure and they both begin with +1.

Thanks,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amie LaCharite

Thank you for reporting this issue! I've tested this on my own form and I'm experiencing the same thing: if you select Canada as the country for phone Validation it reverts to showing USA in the Form.

I've checked in with our Support team and we've had other reports on this as well. We're currently investigating the cause of the issue but I don't have an ETA for when this may be resolved.

In the meantime, your Canadian users should still be able to input phone numbers even with the US flag next to the field, since the US phone number structure is the same as the Canadian phone structure and they both begin with +1.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Hi there,

Any updates on this problem? It's almost December and I'm still facing the same problem that Amie faced in March.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

• Is this something that can be corrected ? January 2024 and the issue is still present. If only you knew the number of times we are getting told " Hey we're in Canada, not the US". People take it personally 😅

• Edit Kalb
    Edit Kalb ✭✭✭

Just want to say to please fix this. Even though it doesn't matter what the flag is, people still go through the drop-down to change to Canada and they find this cumbersome.

Thanks!

• Genevieve P.

Hi all,

Please add your vote and voice to the related Product Idea so the Product team can hear from you!

Here's a link to the post: Canada in Form Phone Validation

Thank you,

Genevieve