Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is there a way to flag a row if not indented

Josh Townley
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Smartsheet, and have been fiddling around with it on my own, trying to build a database to keep track of product registrations (see the screenshot below).

It uses three levels of heirachy:

- Product level

- Country level

- Application level

It's very large, with thousands of rows, and will be updated regularly by multiple users. My problem is that it hinges on users setting the correct heirachy level when adding a new row, or rows could easily get lost. I would love to find a way to flag a row if it hasn't been indented below the appropriate parent (so in the screenshot below, the bottom row, a new application for Hong Kong, should be flagged since it isn't indented)

The formula would need to be robust enough that I could copy / paste it down the whole column, then lock the column to prevent things going awry, like people clicking the flag on/off manually. It also needs to allow for inserting new rows for new applications (eg. above the new application for Hong Kong)

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to count parent rows, and I haven't had any success with formulas counting child rows. It's quite likely that what I want to do is impossible, but I just thought I'd throw it out to the community to see for sure.

Thanks!

Josh

ProductX_example.jpg

Tags:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.