Champion Tips on How to Get Started in Community

Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee Admin
edited 03/07/23 in Welcome to the Community

Whether you're new to Smartsheet Community or a seasoned long-term Member, you might learn a tip (or two) from Community Champions @Paul Newcome, @Julie Fortney, @Andrée Starå! They recently shared their advice for how to get the most out of the platform at our Start 2023 with Community party. In case you missed it, we wanted to make sure their wisdom was available to all.

"Give as much detail as you can. If you've got a question about a formula, yes it helps to post the formula but it also helps to know what your end-goal is. Sometimes even if we can figure out the syntax is wrong, it may be that that's not necessarily the best formula for your particular situation. The same goes for Automations and really anything else - just give as much detail as you possibly can. And if you can give screenshots, that makes life a lot easier as well. Details, details, details will definitely help you get the best answer possible as quickly as possible." - @Paul Newcome

"My tip is that we learn just as much from your questions as you would learn from our answers. Somebody will ask a question, and it's that diversity of our different industries and use cases that lets me pick up on new things. It's very creative and collaborative. I'll pull tips from different questions and answers, and then I can pull them in to make a better solution than what I would have come up with on my own." - @Julie Fortney

"Explore more parts of the Community, like the Best Practice topic or what's trending. I've learned a lot just going through those posts. If you're new, there's a lot of history there, and you can find some nuggets that can be useful." - @Andrée Starå

If you could share your one tip on how to get the best Community experience, what would you say?

Comments

Welcome! We're glad you could join us. Check out these posts to get started in the online Community:

1) Community Guidelines

2) Orientation Checklist

3) Tips & FAQs