New in Smartsheet: Find and Replace Within a Sheet and Identify Web Form Responses

Travis
Travis Employee
edited 06/06/17 in General Announcements

Make your key processes in Smartsheet more efficient. Whether you’re conducting a survey, gathering feedback, tracking IT tickets, or reusing workflows, Smartsheet’s newest features help you save time requesting information and updating text. You can now find and replace text in sheet data so you can quickly update your sheets and use them again and again. You can also automatically track responses in web forms, allowing you to see who submitted each entry. To learn more, visit the blog or sign up for our webinar at 9am PST on 10/1.

Tags:

Comments

• Brett Evans
    Brett Evans ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The forms are a great addition!

But as I leave this comment I am noticing that the ability to attach screenshots is gone.  That will add 1000 words to every one of my posts.  Please bring it back.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Brett, we haven’t added the ability to attached images to announcements but we are working to add it in the future! (You can still add images to discussions)

• Hello Travis. How do I need find the word like before throughout the whole nework of sheet with CTRL+F since that is replaced with only finding and replacing in the current sheet. 

Found the answer: CTRL+SHIFT+ F

• Nice that you introduced 'find and replace'  with ctrl F, but what if I just want to find something?

I tried to find an RFC in my projectsheet quickly but it didn't work because I got the 'find and replace' box with ctrl f and that only gives the options 'replace' and 'find next'

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 09/21/15

Hi Wil - the new Find and Replace feature can find items in your sheet OR find and replace. To find something in your sheet, press CTRL + F, type in your criteria in the Find what box and press Find Next.

Minh - You are correct, CTRL+SHIFT+F will get you to the Search feature. You can also use the Search box at the top let of the app (next to the Help menu).

• I immediately began using the function after I learned of the update.  Thank you for listening to our concerns. 

• John Sauber
    John Sauber ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Find and replace is totally great, and I have found it tremendously useful being available in the cell linking dialogue. The search for sheet names, their contents, followed up with a find option all within the cell linking dialogue has really improved our ability to utilize the cell linking feature in a much faster, reliable way. Nice work on this one.

edited 10/27/15

Love the new features! 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have discovered that I cannot do a Find/Replace on anything that is within a formula.  When I attempt a find, it just says no results found.
    Is this normal behavior?

• Travis
    Travis Employee

That is correct, Brad. Find and replace only works for visible text. This means text in formulas, filtered rows, or collapsed rows will not be included. 

• ely_az
    ely_az ✭✭

This "feature" drives me crazy. Why do I need a confirmation email of the update I JUST MADE! Stupid, please remove or give the option to turn off. I think this is more of a bug than a feature.