Smartsheet + Generative AI 🖥️

Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 09/14/23 in Product Announcements

Hi there,

With new generative technology like ChatPT and DALL-E making recent headlines, we've seen a growth in curiosity and interest around what this means for each of us in the way we engage with the world, the work we do, and how we collaborate with one another.

Ben Canning, Senior Vice President of Product at Smartsheet, recently sat down to discuss how generative AI will enable Smartsheet users to be even more effective. Read what he had to say.

Artificial Intelligence is making a lot of headlines lately. Here at Smartsheet, we’ve been leveraging AI to help customers for a while now, and we’re pretty excited about how we can use generative AI to enable our customers to be more efficient, creative, and empowered to eliminate a lot of the manual tasks associated with collaborative work. In this post, I’ll cover how we’re approaching AI at Smartsheet, with a particular focus on new generative technologies, like ChatGPT and DALL-E. 

Using AI to solve customer problems is not a new idea for us here at Smartsheet. Our customers are already benefiting from it everyday - whether through the recommendations AI that powers ‘Suggested Items’ on the Home Page or the advanced image recognition AI that extracts all sorts of information from every image in Brandfolder, Smartsheet’s platform for Digital Asset Management. We’re even building custom AI models for customers to automatically detect things like logos to make their content processes even more efficient.

What is new is the class of powerful AI models, called foundation models, that can generate content largely indistinguishable from content created by humans. It’s these foundation models that are defining a new era of AI by helping humans perform a wide range of tasks with greater efficiency than ever before because they can generate content.  Continue Reading.

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @brianshin

Welcome to the Community and the wonderful world of Smartsheet!

I can't wait to see what AI features you and the Smartsheet team develop and release.

Exciting times!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• very excited, AI software is moving us into the future

• Grace Deng
    Grace Deng ✭✭✭

Looking forward to the new functionalities, especially Customized From Name.

• StevenBlackburnMBA
    StevenBlackburnMBA ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/01/23

Looking forward to seeing more. This was an excellent article @brianshin -- I do python generative modeling as a hobby to keep active research of cryptocurrencies and stocks, and apply alot of my programming to give me information that I need to see in a way where I'm confident making decisions. The proper modelling of AI and databases are key, as the output of the AI is only as good as the information that it uses in its own databases, and how its programmed to continue to learn the new data it collects. With that said, this purely allows me to take a look at the system daily at whatever time I wanted to and draw conclusions that I would typically make without having to do the research OR make the actual decision if triggered to buy/sell etc.

I also believe that using generative AI in HR, for example, allows the database to learn and adjust weighting metrics around new information and built systems by scaling new software to meet the immediate need of collecting data and feeding it into the proper channels. For example, setting up AI to change the metrics based on standards across specific industries and other databases can feed and make adjustments, while delivering data that could be immediately beneficial to managers on demand.

There are other theoretical uses to AI that still haven't been explored, and leveraging our technologies to make sure the right information is being fed to the right places is key. It is important for people to know that the AI will only ever be as good as the information that is fed to it and the source of that information.

Thank you for your time.

Certifications:

-Smartsheet 2023 Core Product Certification

-Smartsheet 2023 System Administrator Certification

• Roger_B
    Roger_B ✭✭✭✭

Hi @brianshin

Excited to see the AI... errrr.... come to life? maybe not. But I am excited for seeing it integrate with SS! Welcome :D