Form re-direct?

Jason P
Jason P ✭✭✭✭
edited 05/16/23 in Smartsheet Basics

Early days we created and shared form links, which continue to be successful. Recently, we developed individual dashboards for our sales team members and embedded the form links there. These dashboards provide data on various aspects of our business and allows them to see their current demands and services levels.

We want the teams to see dashboard data before adding another request. The problem is that the team still accesses the forms through their original bookmarks or shortcuts instead of using the dashboards as intended despite being instructed to do so. We want to deactivate any external links and prevent them from bypassing the dashboards by saving the URL.

Understand this may not have an easy fix or cannot be achieved, wondering if others face similar issues and would appreciate any advice. I can see benefits in a re-direct where links have gone out to external sources - if you ever need to create a new sheet or update why re-invent the wheel..

Appreciate any assistance.

Cheers.

Forever forwards Backwards never.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason P

I hope you're well and safe!

Here's a possible workaround or workarounds

• Make a copy of the form, and remove almost everything except a link to the new one.
    • Make a copy of the form, remove almost everything except instructions to click Submit, and then have it load the Dashboard.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

In the end I duplicated the form, copied new link in to their Dashboard and made the original form Inactive. I'm hoping they don't copy the browser link from the new form and save it as a bookmark... Be nice if we could hide form & sheet URL links?

Have a great one.

Cheers.

Forever forwards Backwards never.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jason P

Excellent!

Yes, that would be an excellent feature to have.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.