Not all "Actual" bar show in gantt chart

IPC
IPC ✭✭✭
edited 05/24/23 in Formulas and Functions

Hi,

Some of the tasks/sub-activities in my gantt chart do not show the "actual" bar even there is a reported progress (e.g. below activity with 25% progress).

I'd appreciate any advise.

@Andrée Starå @Genevieve P. perhaps you can assist?

Thanks

IPC

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This bar is spanning from around April 20th to past May 14th. Do you have dates set on these items? If you have 25%, but the work wasn't done until like May 20th, it might not show. I think we need to see a bit more information from your sheet to be able to help.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

Hi @Kleerfyre

Thanks for your reply.

Here is another example where the "% of complete" does not reflect as a bar in the gantt chart.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Kind regards,

IPC

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Do you potentially have a critical path set up? Check your properties on that task. Is there any dependencies on this task?

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

"Change is always scary because it is unknown, but facing the unknown is what makes us stronger."

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

@Kleerfyre none. they are independent tasks.

• Kleerfyre
    Kleerfyre ✭✭✭✭✭✭

That is quite odd. So you could try deleting the row then re-entering it and see if that fixes the issue. You could also look in the logs of the sheet to see if you see anything there as well.

Jonathan Sanders, CSM

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

hi @Kleerfyre

I have figured it out. in the Project Settings, the %Completed Column setting was point to another column. (Figure 1)

As you can see here, it now shows the "actual" bar on top of the "Planned". Now I have another related inquiry.

Figure 1: Grid Sheet

Why is it that when I use the same as "report" in the dashboard, it doesn't show the "actual" bars?

Figure 2: Report Sheet

Any idea?

thanks

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @IPC

Percentage progress bars won't show in a Report - you'll need to view this in the underlying sheet to see the progress, as you've found.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• IPC
    IPC ✭✭✭

Thanks @Genevieve P. Thanks for the info. I will post it in Idea Post.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!