Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

count decision formula

Andrew Henderson
Andrew Henderson ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi all

I have a sheet that using the decision symbols, can anyone help me with the formula that counts the number of Yes, No, Hold.  I would be happy if there was a way of just counting the number of the green yes  

Many thanks 

help.png

Tags:

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you double click on the cell containing any symbol you will be able to see the text that occupies that cell and is replaced by the symbol. In the case of the DECISION symbols, you will want to use the words, "Yes" for green, "Hold" for yellow, and "No" for red. 

Your countif statement for Green would look something like this: =Countif(Seen:Seen, "Yes") 

To count Holds, simply replace "Yes" with "Hold", and to count No's - replace "Yes" with "No".

If you are wanting to count a different column than the seen column then you can replace it with the column name. If the range you are counting contains whitespace or ends in a number you will want to surround your column name in brackets. =Countif([Column Name]:[Column Name], "Yes")

• Mike your a legend!!!!!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you, you're too kind! wink

I am Glad I could help. 

This discussion has been closed.