Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Creating Logic on a Smartsheet

Stuart Boyd
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello, I hope someone can help! If i have a batch of data that I want my contributing editors of a smartsheet to select, is it possible to add logic? for example see below: My company has 2 stores, each offering slightly different services and with different team members. Store 1 services:Key Cutting, Dry Cleaning, Watch Repairs, Garage door remote controls Store 1 team:Barry, Jim, Tim. Store 2 services:Key Cutting, Shoe repairs, Store 2 team:Dave, Larry. If i were to use smartsheet to contact my customers and ask them to tell me, which store they used, what service they used and which team member served them. I could use a "Dropdown list" so they could only chose one of the 2 stores and one of the 5 services and one of the 5 team members. BUThow can i set my smartsheet up so it has some logic?members from store 2. and visa versa?

Tags:

Comments

• for some reason the form keeps cutting off some of my question. if one of my customers selects store 1 in a web form (as i have used a dropdown list. how can i add logic to the web form so in the next question "what service did you use" only services from store one are displayed? and in "which team member served you" only team members from store 1 are displayed. i.e. services and team members unique to store 1 are offered and store 2 services and team members are excluded? thanks stu

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot add logic to the drop downs in smartsheet or its web form.  However, I believe that it is possible to create a google form with routing logic. Google forms can be connected to Smartsheet. I have not as yet tested this functionality but someone else on the community may have.  Its not exactly why you are looking for but may give you what you want indirectly.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Here is a link to the integration JamesR is referring to. This allows you to create a Google Form (which has options similar to you are asking for) and have the form entires automatically added to a Smartsheet.

http://www.smartsheet.com/apps/google-forms-smartsheet-sync

• Yeah - I was going to recommend using an outside form service as well. A good option ,if you use a WordPress site, would be Gravity forms. You could then use either the API or a API connector (such as Zapier) to route those entries into your smartsheet.

Here is where you can find a link to that recipe: https://zapier.com/zapbook/gravity-forms/smartsheet/

• Chrissie Girl
    edited 05/08/15

OH MY STARS!!!  I am in tears!  I created a form in Google docs and wanted to attach it to automatically generate the results into a spreadsheet.  The Smartsheets icon came on and I clicked on that and made a great spreadsheet.  NOW ... the form will not allow me to have that data sent to the sheet. It keeps opening a new one!  What or how can I fix this?  I did the sync thing and it gets worse

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 05/11/15

Hi Chrissie - The Google form entries will be added to the same sheet until you unlink the form from Smartsheet. You can pause and resume Smartsheet Sync and the form will remain linked to the same sheet, but if you “unlink Smartsheet” then relink, a new sheet will be created. If you have multiple sheets with your responses, you can consolidate them using the move row feature

This discussion has been closed.