Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Detect if cell value increased or decreased

Is there a way to detect if a cell value increased or decreased compared to its previous value?

I've already devised a way to reflect a symbol if the auto-column date modified was today.

Now, I want that symbol to vary depending if the value on a cell in that row increased or decreased.

Or if there's a way to put in two cells the last 2 values of another cell, I could compare that to detect the change.

Thanks.

Comments

• Hello,

There currently isn't a way to compare a changed value to it's previous state, both values would have to be manually tracked in two columns. 

You could then create a formula in a third column that compares the values to one another.

When you have a moment, please submit a product enhancement request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site to let our Product team know that you'd like to have this type of functionality in Smartsheet.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I have used Zapier for accumulators and counters. In order to use comparisons, you'll need to use the API. 

There is no 'toggle' feature or way to access the cell history from the GUI and I doubt there ever will be.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.