Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Rich Text Formatting in email notifications (and Update Requests)

Options
2»

Comments

• tovythomas
    tovythomas ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the ability to just have the notifications leverage an email message like template (similar to Outlook) where you can format as well as choose To vs CC for contact fields for one message instead of separate ones would be nice.

• Mayte
    Options

I want to add my voice to this, as we find that our email notifications and alerts have the look and feel of 'spam'. In addition to what other members have documented, we found the following upgrades will greatly augment our user engagement. I also have filed a ticket with Smartsheet to request those enhancements:

1. Currently, we have no way of moving the link to our tracker anywhere else in the body of the message
    2. We want to link a shortcut to our Distribution List so that when the user clicks it, it redirects to opening an e-mail with the Recipient = DL.
    3. Remove the word "Message"
    4. Enable ability to bold text.
    5. Enable ability to change font to match table font

• MHalvey
    MHalvey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have voted for this idea to be added into Smartsheet. I came looking for solutions for this same request a team member just asked me. Having the ability of rich text formatting like underlining or bolding certain words in a Alert message. Hopefully this gets added as it seems like basic functionality you'd expect to be there.

Michael Halvey

"Strive for Progress, not Perfection."

• Ariel M.H.
    Options

Hyperlinks:

including to add hyperlinks in the email that can show a different name than the destination web address ,

Highlighting Text

Bolding Text

Underline Text

Italicize text

Add photos

Add uploads!

Attachments function never works to email —— so frustrating

• MThomas14
    Options

Would be great if emails/automations could be formatted to be bold, italics and underlined.

• A.J.
    A.J. ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anybody from SS staff that could comment on this…? It's been a topic for 2 years.

• Laura Goodman
    Options

I would love to see this happen - I use smartsheet for audits and it would be helpful to mark things in bold and different font colors as well as embedding hyperlinks. How can we push this one up on the wishlist?

• real.ChaM
    Options

Thank you @amhba for saving my day!!