Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Parent and child relationship in CardView

2»

Comments

• Chris Winfield
    Chris Winfield ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/15/17

So, I know this is really picky less than 12 hours after the feature's release, but it would be great to be able to sort the subtasks under a card by dragging and dropping just like you can do with cards in a lane.

Also, the filter options don't seem to work for me. When I open a card view sheet with subtasks, and click "show all levels" it only shows me the top level, and I have to click on the icon under a task to see sub tasks.

...also (!): It would be great if new subtasks created under a card inherit the "lane" property of their parent. Currently when I add new subtasks they all go into the "uncategorised" lane.

...and (!!): It would be lovely if we could drag and drop a card to make it a sub-task for another card, or vise versa - i.e. drag and drop a sub-task to move it to the level above.

[...sound of whip cracking...]

Love how it works otherwise - really clean interface and filter options.

• Hi

Really love that you made this!

It would also be great if the subtasks automatically inherited the parents labels.

Now it seems to me that I have to go into Grid view and define parents() in label column.

• Hi,

do you know if it is possible to drag and drop a card in card mode to make it a sub-task for another card?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Cindy,

It's currently not possible to drag-and-drop cards into each other to create hierarchies. Please Submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment!

To quickly create sub-tasks in Card View, you can use Shift + Enter when clicked on a specific card. More information on this is in our Help Center, under the heading "Keep Cards Organized with Subtasks" here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2302238-using-card-view-to-visualize-your-project

This discussion has been closed.