Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

% allocation

itpm
itpm
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I have read a few posts regarding the inability of the tool to automatically update duration based on changing % allocation of a resource i.e. Task A will be completed with 1 day duration by Resource X. I change Resource X to 50% allocation and the duration should automatically be updated to 2 days.

The last post I read was that at the ENGAGE session this functionality was not only discussed but SmartSheet confirmed this change is coming. I have signed up as an early adopter and scanned the forums but I can't find any further notices, dates or confirmation that this change will be made. It is the difference between a our company adopting SmartSheets as the long term solution so I'd appreciate someone from SmartSheet confirming or denying this changes is coming. 

Many thanks

Oscar

Comments

• Pam Alakai
    Pam Alakai Employee

Hello Oscar, 

We certainly have an enhancement request for this feature and we are currently collecting votes to have it released. Please submit yours here so It can be considered by our development team for future implementations. Features are released based on the votes received by customers so the more votes we get the faster we will release the feature. 

Kind Regards, 

Pam 

Smartsheet Support 

This discussion has been closed.