Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Possible to link subitems when linking cell?

Hello,

I am looking for a way to link a row and the sub-items of that row so our VP will have a sheet with all of our projects and their subphases/tasks while we can continue to maintains separate sheets for each project. 

Thanks!

chrisitna

Tags:

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If your question applies to Gantt charts I'm not sure if this will work.

I routinely link multiple indented rows/cells from individual project tracking sheets (not Gantt charts) into summary sheets for our managers to view without having to manually open and lok at up to 40 active projects. Since Smartsheet can link up to 500 cells per linking operation into a summary sheet, this is simple to setup. The only problem is that there is a limit of 5000 incoming links to a single sheet. If you have a lot of links on a lot of projects you may run into this limitation.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Christina, yes you can link parent and child rows (Task and subtasks) and it will be shown in the Gantt chart. When you first link the cells, they won't be indented but you can indent the rows once they are added to the destination sheet. 

Screen Shot 2015-12-01 at 2.54.16 PM.png

This discussion has been closed.