Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formulas: Countif / And / Children Rows

Laura
Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/29/17 in Archived 2017 Posts

H E L P!

What is a simple way to formulate the "Evaluation" Chart in the Screen Shots attached, based off ONLY the children rows of the 4 Departments on the top of the sheet in both the "status" and "risk level" columns? I'm trying to avoid a "messy" formula but I'm receiving an error through all my attempts. 

EVAL_parentSS.png

evalSS.png

EVAL_parentSS.png

evalSS.png

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think I need more information to provide an answer. Can you send a screen shot of what you expect the sheet to be, assuming the formulas were working properly?

Craig

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The 4 departments (Engineering, Scheduling, Supply Chain & Quality) each have tasks in their children rows and each task row has a STATUS Column of "Closed", "Work in Progress", "Behind" or "Not Started" and a RATING Column of "Extreme", "High", "Medium" or "Low".

I'd like the chart at the bottom to show the count of tasks per Status / Rating. I've tried a COUNTIF(AND) formula but received errors (assuming since I'm only wanting to count the children rows).

Example: # Tasks With a Closed Status and Extreme Rating.

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

(It wont let me edit or reply to above)

Correction - "Risk Level" Column not Rating column

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

This should work then

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status,"Closed",[Risk Level]:[Risk Level],"Extreme")

=COUNTIFS(Status:Status,"Closed",[Risk Level]:[Risk Level],"High")

and so on.

( I typed that, but it looks OK)

Craig

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Craig! I was trying to make a simple formula a LOT more difficult...

This discussion has been closed.