Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send Row Feature - Remove Log In button?

Jomi
Jomi
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I'd like to be able to send rows to people that are not users in our SmartSheet account, but fill out a form that populates rows in our sheet. Is there a way to remove the Log In button in the header of the "Quick Update" email that goes out when you "send row"? I like the logo that is left justified in the header, but want to remove the "Log In" button feature that is right justified in the header.

Thanks!

Comments

• Mark Mader
    Mark Mader Employee

Hi Jomi - 

Thanks for the post.

We are in the process of re-designing the udpate request and send row features (should be out within the next 2 months or so) and I will make sure the product lead receives this feedback.

Hopefully you'll like what we have on the way -- it includes the ability to select which columns you wish to send as well as provides a vertical / form based layout of the information as opposed to a wide grid based layout -- which is less enjoyable to view on a phone.

Cheers,

Mark

• Thank you for your prompt reply! Looking forward to the update. :)

• I ditto what Jomi said and would add that I would like to send a discussion with the Login button removed. I need to be able to make a comment to a client and it would be easiest to do as I'm in discussions making a status update but the Login button confuses them and I don't need them to login, just read my comment.

Thanks, looking forward to the updates! Love Smartsheets!

Jody

• Jef Forward
    Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/22/15

I would also like to have this option as well. I would use this feature in so many more situations.  Thanks!

• Did this change get made? I'm not sure if I am using the new or old functionality ?

• Mark Mader
    Mark Mader Employee

The improved Update Request and Send Row features are planned to be released tonight, the evening of Friday August 7, 2015.

Mark 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

As a quick update - the release was postponed to this Friday (August 14th). 

This discussion has been closed.