Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Event registration with limits on attendees

Ken Crossley
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

I need to create a registation form (no problem) that will include total number people attending (no problem).

How do i stop registration when the capacity is reached?

Thanks.

Ken

Tags:

Comments

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can deactive your webform once your desired limit is reached.

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sheets have a row limit of 5000. You could always add dummy data to the fist 4900 rows in your sheet (if you only want 100 responses) then when the 5000 row max is reached, the web form will not be able to submit any more responses (will show an error to the user)

• Sarah Davidsen
    edited 12/14/15

Taking this a step further, I have a sign up sheet for classes at different times, and users will either physically attend, or take the class via webinar or screen sharing. Since there is limited space in the room, I need to limit the number of physical attendees. So far, I haven't found a way to do this that isn't manual. I can set formulas to flag a class that is full, and notify myself if the class is full, but I can't let users know as they fill out the webform if a class is open or not.  Any ideas are appreciated!

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sarah, there is not a way to do this automatically on web forms. My best advice would be to set up notifications to alert you when your limit is being reached. Possibly set up a few (10 spots left, 5 spots left, max reached, etc) notifications to send right away so you know when you need to turn the web form or access to certain fields, off. 

Let me know if you need help setting any of this up! 

• Sheila Julien
    Sheila Julien ✭✭✭✭

Hi John,

This sounds clever!  But I don't see how to set up these customized notifications.  Is there a formula you use?  Could you advise?

Sheila

This discussion has been closed.