New Features in Smartsheet

Shaine Greenwood
Shaine Greenwood Employee
edited 01/02/19 in General Announcements

Hello Community,

We recently updated Smartsheet to include some new helpful features. This update is centered around formatting improvements, and a way to give ownership of your sheets to other licensed Smartsheet users.

Here's a breakdown of the updates:

Comments

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Digging the improved rule functionality.  Thanks guys.

Any chance that you found a way to reduce the heavy burden on sheet response time that formatting (conditional included) causes?

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Shaine,

Please can you expand on:

The Help does not mention this at all and the video does not show it.

• James,

Look under Step 5 in that article for more info on how this looks.

You should be able to click entire row to apply your formatting to multiple columns. Before the update, you could only select one column. (Screenshot below.)

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 11.18.13 AM.png

• Hi Brad,

Glad you're enjoying the new tweaks. The December update (as far as I know) didn't include major performance enhancements for formatting/conditional formatting.

We're always looking at ways to improve app performance. If you have a moment, please contact our Support team. If you can, attach a screen recording of the format related performance issues you're seeing. They can troubleshoot with you (just to make sure that's the reason you're seeing performance issues) and submit an enhancement request on your behalf if they determine that to be the cause.

• I was hoping to get the "Give Ownership" functionality. Good timing for me, since I'm creating sheets for other licensed users (templates of my sheets). Thanks!

• Not a fan of removing the sheet tabs. I don't want to use my browser's bookmark for all the smartsheets that I use. It takes relatively too long to find the sheets I need and the "recently used" isn't a very good solution. Please bring back the tabs. This is probably the most important feature for me to navigate on sheets I'm using.

Thanks.