Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Creating Pivot like Metrics from a master sheet

Rashmi Pathak
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a smartsheet which is like a master sheet with all the projects captured as one line with values like status and some key components which identifies them as unique.

Earlier when i used to maintain this information in spreadsheet I used to pivot this data to give updates like which project is in which status, basically the count.

I am not able to find a efficient way to acheive that in smartsheet and any help would be welcome.

Example -

Master sheet

Emp_name, Emp_Salary, Emp_department, Salary, Health_Insurance, Travel_Ready

I need to create pivots on questions like

Number of employee in HE department with health insurance, with the listing of financial years

I cannot try Dashboard as sights are not supported by the version i have. I tried Cascading reports, but that wont total up. Cascading smartsheets looked liked so much work in terms of linking as there is no option of conditional linking I have to manually link each row.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.