Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Missing Alerts

Preston
Preston ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

YIKES!!!

All my alerts are GONE!  Please help!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Preston,

Contact support@smartsheet.com

They monitor the Community but the email is typically quicker.

They may be able to recover your Alerts.

Craig

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the suggestion. I emailed support. I hope I can get this rectified quickly! I have alerts that were supposed to start tomorrow morning and now they're gone! I was literally going to purchase the team plan tomorrow morning, but this could be a major showstopper! Thanks for the reply.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

I checked with Support and they are working on your ticket. I will continue to monitor to make sure they figure out what may have happened. Thanks for posting! 

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, there isn't any way to recover alerts, notifications, or reminders. This is incredibly disappointing given that all other data is backed up. It's not even available from a previous version of the sheet accessible by Support. I've spent the last month getting Smartsheet setup and presented to management for purchase only to have one of the nicest features of Smartsheet be lost the day before I get the go ahead to buy. Why would this not be included in the back up (at least as text or otherwise)? This gives me pause to an otherwise no-brainer purchase. Disappointed.

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Preston, I checked with the Support rep who you are working with. The alerts were deleted because you deleted the sheet from your account. When you delete a sheet, alerts are removed and are not added back when you undelete the sheet. In the future, I would double check the sheets you are deleting to ensure you are not deleting a sheet you need. 

I will submit your suggestion of keeping alerts on deleted/undeleted sheets, to our Product team.

• Preston
    Preston ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems logical to me that if all other data is backed up (including discussions/attachments/web forms) that alerts would need to be backed up as well. I understand they to be deleted so as to not send out alerts from a deleted sheet, but surely they could be backed up as discussions currently are. While we may disagree on the responsible party, I think we can all agree incomplete backups are unnecessary and costly mistakes. 

This discussion has been closed.