Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

ticket system \ Sharepoint integration with Smartsheet?

Options

Hi all,

My projects team are using Smartsheet to manage company projects.

We now need to also manage some company’s tasks in a tickets system.

Normally the company uses SharePoint  for the internal ticket system.

I would like my team to use only 1 system, Smartsheet.

The issues are:

1. I couldn’t find and formal integration SharePoint - Smartsheet.

2. with more than a 100 employees I don’t think that Smartsheet alone is built to use as a company ticket system.

Any suggestions any one?

10X.

Yonatan.

Comments

• Jamison
    Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What sort of integration are you looking for and what is it that SharePoint does that you want Smartsheet to do?

• Yonatan Shalev
    Options

Thanks guys.

We use now SharePoint for normal internal ticket management.

See attached.

What I need from the system is as following:

1. Most important - relate a ticket to a specific employee name. I don’t want to make all company employees to open a SmartSheet account in order to open a ticket. Everyone has auto SharePoint account now and I want to leave it as is. That is why I want to integrate SharePoint with SmartSheet

2. The ability to close and update ticket via SmartSheet.

Sharepoint tickets.PNG

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can do some of this with Smartsheet.

Opening a ticket: use web forms to submit a ticket. Web forms can be filled out by anyone with the URL- Smartsheet user or not. They can also receive a confirmation email when they submit the form. 

The ability for the end user to update and close their tickets will be harder if they are not Smartsheet users. If they are have Smartsheet accounts, each employee can have a report that pulls in all their open tickets and allows them to update them. You could also publish these reports which will give viewer access to anyone with the URL - Smartsheet user or not. 

You can also send the end user an update request which gives the users the ability to view and edit selected rows without needing a Smartsheet account. These would need to be sent manually and they are only active for one edit.

It looks like Zapier is working on an integration between Sharepoint and Smartsheet: https://zapier.com/zapbook/sharepoint/smartsheet/

Azuqua already has an integration between Sharepoint and Smartsheet and will likely do everything you need: https://azuqua.com

This discussion has been closed.