Creating Different Update Request Formats

Joel Ward
Joel Ward ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I send update requests every day. However, when I send them, I have to keep removing some of the columns as those that I remove are not necessary for the person to see. 

Is there a way that I can save an update request format with those columns removed so I can quickly choose the right formats for the specific person I am sending to without having to remove the columns every time? 

Comments

• If the "Update Request" format you want is specific to each person or a group of people, it may be better for you to use the "Alerts & Actions" tab to create an "Update Request" based on an "Assigned Column". This will automatically send Update Requests based on your specified Rules & Delivery Settings. Once you get to the "Delivery Settings" you choose which columns you want to appear & how often you want the Update Request to automatically send. Please see attached photos. If you need further instruction, I'm happy to help.

Update Request - by Action or Alert.JPG

Update Request Rules & Settings - by Action or Alert.JPG

Update Request - Delivery- by Action or Alert.JPG

• Joel Ward
    Joel Ward ✭✭✭

Thanks Jessica, 

I guess I will have to upgrade to Business or Enterprise to get that feature!

Thanks for your help. I will have to convince my TL to upgrade! 

• No problem, good luck! 

Speaking from experience, the upgrade to Enterprise really makes things easier. You have access to a lot more bells & whistles.