Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

automated movement between parent grouping for roll up sheet?

Jef Forward
Jef Forward ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Is it possible for a row to "automatically" relocate itself from (1) parent child grouping to the NEXT parent child grouping?  Right now, I have to manually move them. 

I have a roll up sheet for our design clients.  The roll up sheet is organized by stage of process and all information is auto filled in from the actual client smartsheet.  I get a big picture overview.

When my designer updates the progress of the client relative to the design stage they are in,  it would be nice if my roll up also moved the row into the new parent grouping.

If this automation is not possible -  I know I can set up a conditional formatting aspect that will create a strong viusal to alert for adjustment

Any help is greatly approeciated.  Thanks

jef

design portfolio.png

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/28/16

Jef,

Automation like you desire is possible using (I believe) Zapier (www.zapier.com), Azuqua (www.azuqua.com), or the the API.

For automation, weigh the cost of automating (make-or-buy) vs the time spent to do it manually.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee

I just checked Azuqua and Zapier and neither are able to do this. The closest would be Azuqua can move a row from one sheet to another based on a condition but you cannot designate a specific hierarchy to add the row to. 

Right now, setting up a conditional formatting rule to highlight rows that need to be moved and manually moving the rows will be your best option. 

I will pass your feedback along to our product team! 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Travis,

Thanks for checking. 

Craig

This discussion has been closed.