Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Adding virtual sticky notes

I have a sheet detailing meetings with dates, times and locations lined out. What is the easiest way to add a note to the overall sheet that shares info that applies to all events? I want to essentailly add a sticky note to post my list of items to bring to each event.

Any ideas how to do something like this?

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Angela,

My first thoughts would be Discussions or Attachments.

Both can be on a specific row, a specific sheet, or the workspace.

If you have a meeting agenda template, then it might make sense to have these items as rows with a separator to visually show they are 'all meetings'.

Or if this is a checklist, then another Smartsheet for that with a link from the meeting agenda.

Or a Webform (and link) if you want to track that they are done before or during the meeting.

I'll stop now.

Hope that helps.

Craig

• Thanks, Craig. I think a discussion (with myself) may work! Can you tell me how to add a discussion to a sheet versus a row?

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the bottom of the sheets there are buttons:

Craig

BottomTasks.jpg

• Chuck Muirhead
    Chuck Muirhead ✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning Angela,

You could create a simple "sticky note" webform that you can have bookmarked on your desktop, mobile device, etc., to add new notes or tasks.  You can decide if new entries go to the top or bottom of sheet. When you go to the sheet, you will be able to see your "sticky note" row, comments, checkboxes, etc....You can simply delete the row when you no longer need the note.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Chuck, 

That's a neat tip.

Angela, 

You can also set up the WebForm to stay open after you submit it too -- and just leave it open on your taskbar (if you are using Windows).

Craig

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/06/18

Hi All,

Great news! This might help!

It's now possible to add a specific Column Description to columns.

I hope this helps you!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Column Description.png

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

This discussion has been closed.