Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Are there plans to retain emails sent as an attachment?

Wayne Burr
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Are there plans to retain emails sent as an attachment?

One day I would like to be able to operate soley from smartsheet without having to switch from one application to another to manage my projects and having emails sent saved as an attachment or link on the row sent via email to would be a great function...  

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Wayne,

We do have plans to implement an activity feed which tracks actions in the sheet, including when emails are sent. I am not sure exactly how this will look or function but I will submit your request to the team working on this! 

• Tim McCarthy
    Tim McCarthy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/29/16

You got my vote for this!

• I've repeatedly seen this feature requested on the user community site so hoped it would by now be scheduled into the timeline of new product features. it is a critical development in my eyes. There are other tools that manage email work flow that have been highlighted as competitors to Smartsheet so in your own interests to solve sooner rather than later,,,  we all want it,, please give it to us.

Thanks Mike

• Travis
    Travis Employee

We appreciate the feedback Mike! We understand how this would benefit you and other users. 

Here's a list of what we are currently working on: https://www.smartsheet.com/product-roadmap

I have added your votes for this feature Tim and Mike!

• Sorry for necro posting... but I agree, I'd like to see this feature added. I sometimes email my contractors via the sheet and any custom message I leave gets lost unless I remember to CC myself. The work around works... but sometimes I forget to turn it on! 

Though if this option was added to the row as an attachment, I'd prefer that it'd only be viewable by certian permissions as sometimes I send proprietary infomation or other user's personal information in the message since it goes to them.

This discussion has been closed.