Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Not a Lisenced Administrator

Pablo Lleras
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hi there

I have only tree Lisenced Administrator on my company. I wanted to know... if the other people at the office can be sheet owners for what lap of time? Is there a time limit for them to be sheet owners? Because one of us was been sheet owner but the other day  he couldn't do no more.

Does smart sheet has some kind of restriction with this?

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Licensed Administrators have to be owners. You could essentially create sheets and share them with the other individuals and make them admins, but as far as I can tell, you have to be a paid user to create or own sheets. It';s possible this user had a trial period and was able to create some sheets. 

• Pablo Lleras
    edited 03/07/17

Ok..So rite now we are 11 persons at the office and only 3 of us have Licensed Admi. on smart sheet. The other people, they login to smart sheet with their emails.

My question is... are they being on a trial all this time then?

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/07/17

No, unlicensed users can be shared on sheets and made admins of a sheet - giving them control of the content on the sheet - but they are unable to edit column types, add columns, etc. Only Licensed users can do that. Someone with an admin account will need to develop those sheets as they need fit, and then share with the users they belong to. 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Pablo,

The way to look at it is this:

If you have a few sheets that everybody shares, and that one person can manage, then everyone can be shared as an Editor to that sheet for free as collaborators.

If you want everyone to create their own sheets and have total freedom to change everything, then they will each need to have their own license.

It just depends upon how you will use the system.  We have very few licenses and very many collaborators - because we use the same few sheets for many people.

Good luck,

Brad

• Thanks Brad

Very usefull feedback on that.

• Hi Brad,

can only paid licenses have owner access? Can unpaid users have owner access? And if so will paid admins always have access to their sheets no matter the sharing capabilities they set up on their sheets they own ?

This discussion has been closed.