Dynamically update form data

Options
john.spikula42751
john.spikula42751 ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Formulas and Functions

Looking for help...

I'd like to update the fields on a form dynamically.

Example:  Use the system-generated Creation Date to calculate a "Delivery Date" 2 weeks in the future and display it on the form.  I know I can do this on the Smartsheet but I don't know how to display it while the user is entering information.

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This currently isn't possible with Smartsheet Forms. But you could probably set up something that emails them the Date based on when a new row is entered? And include that date in the email? Perhaps a notification based on a new row being entered would work? 

https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/new-in-smartsheet-advanced-notifications

• john.spikula42751
    Options

Thanks, Mike.  It's a bit awkward but might work.  I'll play with that and see what happens.

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, but with notifications, you can adjust all of the text from the email and they would never know what triggered it! :)

• Arvind Manoharan
    Options

Is there a solution for this?

I'm also creating a form that needs to calculate expenses incurred by user for specific travel categories. However, I want that total amount shown on the form and should dynamically calculate based on user input. This would help the user filling out the form to ensure the amount entered per line is accurate prior to submission.

Any way we can achieve this functionality? I can see it happening with a calc field on the sheets-level but that's only after a record is saved. The form functionality request is during the time the form is filled out. Thoughts?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!