Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Access contacts from contact list in one sheet to share another sheet to

Johan Goris
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

How to access contacts from a contact list in one sheet to share another sheet to, or send request updates to?

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 02/18/16

Contact lists in sheets are not sharable between sheets but your Smartsheet Contacts are. To view and add contacts to your Smartsheet Contact list, go to Account > My Smartsheet Contacts.

Contacts will auto-resolve based on this list when you share sheets, send update requests, assign tasks, and more. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Johan,

I'm not sure what functionality you are looking for.

As Travis said, the Smartsheet Contacts are available.

Also all users in the Smartsheet account.

That said, here's some more interesting things about Contacts columns.

• The Contact column is also a drop down list.

Selecting the drop down will show all contacts in the sheet, not in your Smartsheet Contacts or account. (And that's OK in my opinion)

Note I said SHEET not COLUMN. That means you can have another column than your assigned to's and the drop down will reference it.

If you start to type in a Contact column, it will give you options based on what you have typed so far (auto-finish). These options DO come from your Smartsheet Contacts and account.

Using the drop down reference feature, one could create a column for "Contacts from sheet X" and populate them from sheet X. Once in that column, they would be 'available' in the drop down for the other Contact columns.

Depending on how many contacts there are, I would probably put these in my "header" section. 

Hope this helps.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.