Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Tracking Purchasing Approval

Julie Murphy
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

We are trying to find a way to track our purchasing process.  I have created a sheet with a web form, but am having trouble with the approvals part of our process.  Typically the purchaser would fill out the web form to request payment to a vendor or to themselves as reimbursement, then they need to get 2 approvals from management.  Is there a way to send the completed web form to someone and give them the ability to approve it without going into my sheet?  I have played with merging the sheet data into a goodle doc and sending it to them, but can't find a way to incorporate the approval into the flow.  I would like the sheet to reflect that the expense is approved, so that I can look at the sheet an know when something is approved by all parties.  Does anyone else use Smartsheets for this type of process?

Comments

This discussion has been closed.