Community Badges

Chris McKay
Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi Shaine,

Is there anywhere that I can view a list of badges and what is required to earn them? It would be great if they had tooltip hovers on them so you could see what they were about without having to go elsewhere.

Just a thought smiley.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

Comments

• Hi Chris,

We currently don't have a list of our badges published but that's something that we're looking to do in the near future, along with providing more information on how points are obtained.

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shaine,

Thanks for the update smiley .

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shaine,

Is there an update on when this might happen? I need to feel needed smiley. I've only got one lousy badge, yet I see others with 20 or 30 points that have 3 or 4.

/stamps feet/

I want badges!!!! crying

/stamps feet/

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/31/18

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges" - Treasure of Sierra Madre / Blazing Saddles

I appreciate you. Need is strong word. :)

Craig

• Hi Chris,

We're exploring community platform options on a wider scale, with the possibility (not a guarantee) of a new platform altogether toward Q3-Q4. 

Until the dust has settled on what we'll be doing with the community, I can't forecast an ETA on this feature right now. The need to easily display badges and how to earn them is in our RFP, so if we do decide to migrate to a new platform for community, it's likely that we'll shortly thereafter be able to show off our achievements!

There are also a lot of additional badges that I want to create, and I want to redesign them (I designed these badges but I think we can do more to make them fun and minimalistic)...I also want to have more control over our points system.

There's a lot that I want! We'll need to wait and revisit later this year, but we're tracking your request and looking to start work on it (as well as other requests from community members) as soon as we finalize our decision on the platform.

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Craig,

Now I've got a "hanker'n" to watch Blazing Saddles this weekend.

Need is indeed a strong word, however, there is no denying that the Smartsheet platform stirs up strong emotions. I'm angling for a forum group hug here :-)

Chris

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If we are all going to get together for a hug, we'll need a lot of dimes. 

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shaine, 

Has there been any advancement toward a new community structure, badge system, clarification on how to earn the badges --- and the Top Contributor flag. How the heck is that earned? Just curious. cool

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there Smartsheet employees! Has there been any advancement in this area? I am still trying to figure out how to earn the badges in this system. It feels really foreign and out of reach. And how in the world do I get to be a top contributor? 

• Hi Mike—

I agree, there's a bit of confusion with points and badging. We're on the verge of implementing a new community platform altogether, with a (hopeful) ETA for rollout around Q4 of this year.

With the new community platform, we'll also be revamping the top contributor program to make it more accessible and streamlined so it's easier to apply.

I definitely appreciate your contributions, and we'll post more information on the top contributor program as our new community platform rolls out. Stay tuned!

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Okay, looking forward to it. 

• Hi @Shaine Greenwood

Do you mind providing an update on the potential for a badge/point system within the Smartsheet community? Even a list of the current badges and their meanings would be wonderful!

Thank you,

Sinclair

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin

Hi All,

@Sinclair Christopher @Shaine Greenwood @Chris McKay @Mike Wilday @J. Craig Williams

Thank you all for the invaluable feedback for having an all up list of badges to be shown within Community, along with their corresponding point value, and how to obtain them.

Our Community Team is diligently working towards to creating a strategy/roll out plan for when there is a solid amount of badges that Members would need to earn outside of the gamification system in place (i.e # of comments, discussions, correct questions answered).

Please stay tuned for an announcement in the near future!

If you have any questions, please reach out to me directly via this comment thread.

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin
    edited 05/05/21

Hi All,

@Sinclair Christopher @Shaine Greenwood @Chris McKay @Mike Wilday @J. Craig Williams

Our Community Team now has an all up badge page displaying all eligible badges and point values for each.

Our plan is to enhance this page as time goes on.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Maxwell from Smartsheet