Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto-create form

Jamison
Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have a sheet that has about 100 columns, the column title is the category, the first row is a question. I know I could export it and concantate the header + first row, but that look bad and would interfere with reporting, etc.

It there a way to create a form where it uses the first row as the "help text" or some other way to auto-populate that text for each field's "help text"?

Tags:

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Webforms can be used to add new rows and data to your sheet, they cannot take existing data from a row and display it. Web forms have a built in help text option where you can add this information. When editing the form, select the field and the right panel will have a section for help text. 

• Jamison
    Jamison ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Travis - I was hoping to have this done automagically instead of having to do it one by one.

This discussion has been closed.