cannot delete ref links from vlookup

simon_z
simon_z
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi I tested vlookup function and I created a new sheet .I deleted this new sheet but now in my master sheet it's still outbound to ref unknown sheet. I cannot delete that link...

Capture.JPG

Tags:

Comments

• Daniel Stein
    Daniel Stein Employee
    edited 03/13/18

Hi Simon,

Cross-sheet references are automatically deleted after 2 hours, once they are no longer being used. This is to prevent references from being cleaned up while users are in the midst of editing their formulas.

There is a known issue for which we will roll out a fix shortly where the arrows don't go away if you deleted the destination sheet. In the meantime, I'd recommend that you go to Home --> Deleted Items and undelete your sheet. Then, delete all cross-sheet formulas on the sheet and Save. After 2 hours, if you edit either of the sheets, then the arrows will go away. Feel free to contact our support team if you need any assistance with this: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

Once the fix rolls out (in the next day or so), arrows will also go away as expected when you delete the destination sheet.

In the next month or so, we also plan to add a "delete" control to the source sheet so that customers can delete the links manually without waiting for the 2 hour cleanup or deleting the destination sheet.

Hope this helps, and apologies for the inconvenience!

Best regards,

Daniel

• Hi thank you. I sadly empty the trash so no recovered sheet. I guess I,'ll wait for the fix on your side.

• Any news on this, is the fix happening?

Thanks

• it's fix thank you