Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Multiple dates for same row added to calendar

Options
Brian Smith
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

On one project, I must complete multiple tasks as part of a single line item. Each task must be completed on a specific date, and I would like each of these dates to show up in my calendar. I only see the option to use a date range or pick a single date column, this wouldn't work for my scenario. I would require the ability to choose multiple dates to appear in my calendar independently (not as a range).

Please advise if there is a way to do this.

Thank you,

B

Comments

• Christian Wells
    Options

Hi Brian,

Could you use a Parent / Child scenarios on this....

Make the indiidual daily tasks the children and roll up the lot into a Parent row...

This will require you to set up the sheet as a Project with Start/End Dates and % Complete, and will require Dependancies Enabled which will Add  Duration and Predecessor columns. Screen attached below, Note the Project in the background Shows the Children and Parent Gantt Bars,

Also the calendar will show the Children and Parent tasks when in that view.  See below.

Smartsheet.JPG

Smartsheetcal.JPG

• Brian Smith
    Options

That's a good suggestion, but unfortunately it wouldn't work in my particular scenario.

Thank you!

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Brian,

Can you clarify why Christian's solution doesn't work?

I must be missing something obvious.

Craig

• Brian Smith
    Options

We just have several lines all of which require 2 dates to be called out. This will double the number of lines we have, and this sheet is used in a cross-functional effort where cleanliness of the presentation is important. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Brian,

Thanks.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.