Nested IF using additional AND logical functions

I am struggling with creation of formula for defining tasks status (Green, Yellow, Red). Getting the UNPEARSEABLE or INCORRECT ARRANGMENT SET error messages.

My formula is right now as follows:

=IF(ISBLANK([RESPONSE DATE]88); "Gray", IF([RESPONSE DATE]88 <= [ORIGINAL DUE DATE]88; "Green", IF(AND([RESPONSE DATE]88 > [ORIGINAL DUE DATE]88; [RESPONSE DATE]88 <= [1st New due Date]88); "Yellow", IF([RESPONSE DATE]88 > [1st New due Date]88; "Red"))))

Maybe it is somehow related to parenthesis but I have tried a lot of combinations.

Can anybody help?

Regards

Waleed

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try replacing your semi-colons with commas. And delete all of the end parenthesis as Smartsheet will write those for you. That should fix the majority of your problems. Let me know if that works. 

• Thanks Mike. Unfortunately, didn't work. 

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try this one. I checked your parenthesis and it looks good. I also checked the quotes as sometimes if you compose these things in word processor they replace straight quotes with Smart Quotes that mess up the formulas. Try copying this one straight from the community page and pasting it in. If this doesn't work, check to make sure your column titles are accurate.

=IF(ISBLANK([RESPONSE DATE]88), "Gray", IF([RESPONSE DATE]88 <= [ORIGINAL DUE DATE]88, "Green", IF(AND([RESPONSE DATE]88 > [ORIGINAL DUE DATE]88, [RESPONSE DATE]88 <= [1st New due Date]88), "Yellow", IF([RESPONSE DATE]88 > [1st New due Date]88, "Red"))))

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!