Automated Reminders showing all dates

Jerry Tutt
Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

I recently noticed that all dates including columns that are hidden are showing with my automated reminders.  I have a number of calculated dates that I don't want to display.  However, all of them now show on the reminders.  This is a fairly recent development.  I have emailed "Help" but, they have not responded in over a week.  This is unusual for them.  They normally respond within 24 hours.  Any ideas?  

Thanks,

jerry

Comments

• Chris McKay
    Chris McKay ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jerry,

Yes, I can confirm this new behaviour too. As the criteria for setting a reminder are limited, there appears to be no workaround.

Kind regards,

Chris McKay

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would recommend adding your vote to getting that kind of enhancement to reminders because this is something many have asked for. Submit a product enhancement request to add your vote for increased functionality for reminders! Maybe one day they'll listen. 

• Jerry Tutt
    Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭

Mike,

I don't view this as an enhancement.  I think it should be considered a defect.  This is clearly functionality that we had in the past and somehow lost with the new versions of Smartsheet.  But, I will add my vote for then enhancement, since I have users that don't understand why they are seeing these extra dates.  

Thanks,

jerry

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jerry, 

I agree the sending of hidden columns might be a newly introduced bug, but I was speaking more in reference to the limitations that reminders have when compared to the editability of notifications. The ability to limit what columns are sent in a reminder is completely missing from the Notification / Alert options for a reminder. If we could limit what columns are sent, then the issue would be a moot point. 

• Jerry Tutt
    Jerry Tutt ✭✭✭

Mike,

Agreed and so noted.  Thanks for your support.

jerry