Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Editing Drop Down Lists

Options

Hi,

I have created a drop down list of names but i accidently found out that i missed one. How can i add a new name to the already created drop down list?

Thanks in advance

Tags:

Comments

• Dave B
    Dave B ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You can't edit dropdown list contents in the web form builder.

Open the sheet, double click the column header and add the name.  Save the sheet.  Reload the web form and it will be there.

• Kristian Fraser
    edited 03/17/16
    Options

THANK YOU, such a simple answer when pointed out.

• Zoee S
    Zoee S
    edited 03/17/16
    Options

Hi - I have a related question...

How about if you had used the sheet with the drop down list as a template for many projects, and now need to update the list? Is there a way to update all sheets at once, or is that a manual process? Thanks!

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I beleive that would be a manual process.  I would definately update the template but any sheets created prior to that would have to be manually updated.

• Dave B
    Dave B ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Zoee,

I agree it's a manual process, but to speed it along, I'd fix the template then use CTRL-A (select all) and CTRL-C (copy) to copy the new drop-down list.  Then in the old sheets dropdown lists, use CTRL-A, Backspace, CTRL-V to select all, delete, paste.

This will be faster than manually typing in the new updates one by one.

Dave

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fir dropdown updates across the system, Richard at Smarter Business Processes (richardr@smarterbusinessprocesses.com) has a solution using Azuqua.

Contact him for a demo.

Craig

• Dave B
    Dave B ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/18/16
    Options

If you're old: There's a pill for that.

If you're young: There's an app for that.

If you're smart:  Mo money, mo money, mo money!

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you!  This helps me tremendously this morning!!

• Kitty
    Kitty ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Once the drop-down list is in place and a month later I need to add a new name, keeping the list in alphabetical order - is there a way to reorder the names to put the new name in the correct spot?

This discussion has been closed.